As kind of a byproduct I have been working on while getting the WDTV Tools project started is a proof-of-concept implementation of a Shoutcast / Internet Radio application that delivers you the Shoutcast Radio Stations to the WDTV.
This is a preview release for a shoutcast filesystem for the WDTV. It just contains an unsorted, unchecked, un-everything browse by genre function that for the most part works.
This release is targeted at people who know know their WDTV box and Linux because there is a rather high probability that it will not work directly on your box, so you have to mount it from the command line to find the error.
Tested with ext-boot-0.9.2.
You can get the image at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=261153&package_id=322629&release_id=682670.
- sometimes the downloaded list of stations / genres has an error (you’ll see an empty folder), in this case just use another genre. If this happens at the “Browse by Genre” directory you have to reboot your device (or remount the application) and try again.
- if you see everything but no stations plays try installing streamripper in optware, I’m not sure I have included all dependencies
- there will sometimes be left over stream caches at your boot usb stick
- will not work if /boot is not your USB stick, this is no problem on ext3-boot, but I don’t know about WDLXTV
- if you play a low bandwidth stream (e.g. 64k) the first few seconds will have breaks in them because the WDTV can’t handle a half full cache, I did not observe this problem with 128k and larger streams